Thursday, December 11, 2008

Final Christmas Knitting

Again I've resorted to Folk knitting in Estonia for a sock pattern. These socks are based on Virve's Stockings but I've modified them a bit because i enjoy having some fancy stuff to do instead of plain old stocking stitch.
I made them for my daughter but I expect she will be rather appalled and wish I had chosen something she would actually wear. Still, I had fun and that's important.
And that's the end of the alpaca I got from my brother. Back to sheep's wool now and lots of spinning.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful work!!

Shepherd's Loft said...

they're beautiful!

The socklady said...

If your daughter doesn't want to wear them tell her a lady living in the high mountains of British Columbia would gladly wear them. Just absolutely perfect.