Monday, May 3, 2010

Roman de la Rose


Andie from Renaissance Dyeing asked me if I could come up with a design using her beautiful naturally dyed and organic wool for KnitNation 2010 in July. she gave me a free hand to choose the colours and what I wanted to design. I chose a traditional group of colours dyed with woad, madder, indigo, weld and cutch. When I saw the colours she had produced with these dyes I was struck with their resemblance to the brilliant colours in medieval paintings. Hence the inspiration for my design.
Over the next few weeks more will be revealed.

3 comments:

shandy said...

I've just dicovered your blog through Ravelry and I have very much enjoyed looking through your work. Such brilliant colour choices, and intriguing designs.

blodeuedd said...

I can't take credit for these colours, unfortunately, because they're the work of Andie at Renaissance Dyeing. She gets the most vibrant colours from natural dyes that I've ever seen. I coudn't believe it when I first saw them.

hawknitr13 said...

i, too, found you on ravelry! these rose design items are simply gorgeous!! what a talent you have and a great 'dyer' friend!!