Friday, June 29, 2012

Two Years On

This is a catch -up post of the knitting I've been doing over the last couple of years. Actually, it might have to be a couple of posts but we'll see how this goes.
I've made a few vintage jumpers from patterns from the 1930s to the 1950s. I've made a design or three for Renaissance Dyeing. There have been useful but not photogenic socks. Things I've neglected to photograph and are now not looking their pristine best. I've photographed some now but the results are not wonderful. Perhaps a selection will suffice.
I liked this little jumper I made for Renaissance Dyeing and the little model who posed so happily on a very raw day:
Wintersweet


 There was this hat:

Hall of Fire Tam



 And these socks:



Landgirl Socks

And then for myself I used Renaissance Dyeing wool to make these:
A Paton's 1940s Fair Isle design



A 1930s jumper from A Stitch in Time 2

And a 1950s jacket also from A Stitch in Time 2
 Here are a couple of handspun efforts using alpaca and some angora:
A 1940s design, based, I expect, on Vera Lynn singing 'There'll be bluebirds over the white cliffs of Dover.'

 
And another very warm and fluffy 1940s number  
 This beret and gauntlets I test knitted for Marylene Lynx for Renaissance Dyeing:
Troubadour Beret and Gauntlets
Troubadour Beret and Gauntlets





And that, I think, is enough for today.

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Wow, you have knitted some beautiful garments - I love the colours that you choose. Well done

Andie said...

What a wonderful record of your creativity! I think you neglect to mention that you not only knitted all those but designed most of them as well.

Andie said...

opps, that's me reading too fast. Of course you mentioned you designed them and may it long continue.